SOS CLAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Openarena Clan

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the official *SoS* Forum (Storm of Stars, openarena clan)
Latest topics
» Siamo arrivati alla fine di questa avventura / We arrived at the end of this adventure
QL now on Steam for 10€ Icon_minitimeby Infin1ty Wed 03 Mar 2021, 00:56

» Richiesta di ammissione al clan
QL now on Steam for 10€ Icon_minitimeby Gnaro Tue 24 Jul 2018, 23:33

» Ciao a tutti solo il cavaliere del cielo
QL now on Steam for 10€ Icon_minitimeby alessandroalb Mon 21 May 2018, 09:36

» Storia di OA
QL now on Steam for 10€ Icon_minitimeby skyknight Tue 15 May 2018, 19:53

» Aftershock e baseoa
QL now on Steam for 10€ Icon_minitimeby kraig Wed 03 Jan 2018, 16:58

» Non c'è due senza tre
QL now on Steam for 10€ Icon_minitimeby Guest Wed 27 Dec 2017, 10:16

» Greetings
QL now on Steam for 10€ Icon_minitimeby colucci Mon 25 Dec 2017, 09:45

» Vorrei rientrare nei SoS!
QL now on Steam for 10€ Icon_minitimeby NICO_THE_PRO Fri 20 Oct 2017, 16:45

» bell'uomo
QL now on Steam for 10€ Icon_minitimeby kraig Sat 16 Sep 2017, 20:12

» Richiesta d'ammissione
QL now on Steam for 10€ Icon_minitimeby kraig Sat 16 Sep 2017, 20:00

*SoS* INFO
--------------------
Every Sunday training @17:00

--------------------
Google Translate

QL now on Steam for 10€

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
adriano
Admin
adriano

Numero di messaggi : 2040

QL now on Steam for 10€ Empty
PostSubject: QL now on Steam for 10€   QL now on Steam for 10€ Icon_minitimeSun 08 Nov 2015, 12:42

Hey all!

Since 27th October 2015 Quake Live is not a free game anymore! It is implemented in Steam and you can purchase it for 10 euros.* All collected statistic data in 5 years is deleted !!! Positive things are that you can make your own dedicated server, the Steam chat & friendlist and about 4.500 map updates/correctures.

What do you think about that?
Do you already have QL on Steam?

*if you already had it in your Steam account or you have an active PRO-abbonement it will be free. All new players on Steam have to pay.
Back to top Go down
colucci

colucci

Numero di messaggi : 167

PostSubject: Re: QL now on Steam for 10€   QL now on Steam for 10€ Icon_minitimeMon 09 Nov 2015, 12:11

I think it's a bad move on an already dying game.. I understand they need money, but they could of done some positive changes that would attract new players and/or implemented ways for people to spend money on the game, weapon and characters skins? Seems to be very common in games lately, probably because it's the right move. They've been restricting stuff from players who play for free for awhile now, they could of just upped the restrictions even more I guess. Having the nonpaying users restricted to play only 5 matches a day for free, or something like that - It would still be pretty bad, but I don't think it would hurt the game as much.

I probably won't be playing it anymore. Because I don't wanna spend 10€ to find out that the game has 80% dropped activity.
Besides, even for free it was a hassle to deal with some toxic players on QL, this time around I would be paying to deal with that - No thanks.
Back to top Go down
adriano
Admin
adriano

PostSubject: Re: QL now on Steam for 10€   QL now on Steam for 10€ Icon_minitimeMon 09 Nov 2015, 20:02

I share your oppinion. It is always a bad deal if you share a free game and then want money for "little changes". But maybe I don't know enough about all the done changes.
colucci wrote:

I probably won't be playing it anymore. Because I don't wanna spend 10€ to find out that the game has 80% dropped activity.
That's another point. I sometimes play QL as alternative only when there is nobody in OA.

p.s. have you already seen this game? Looks interesting... dummy

Back to top Go down
colucci

colucci

PostSubject: Re: QL now on Steam for 10€   QL now on Steam for 10€ Icon_minitimeWed 11 Nov 2015, 05:59

Yeahh I heard of Reflex, actually watched some tournament games on Youtube, too. But I didn't really like it, maybe because I didn't play it yet and am not used to it, but I had a really hard time keeping up with the opponent. It seems hard to track the models, they seem small and kinda blend in the background.. Could be just my inexperience with the game, but it seems like a lot of random spamming and hard defrag movements around the map are required to play. And that's my problem with the game as I am not a fan of defrag or spam..

I also hear the game isn't very popular, and the Arena FPS genre generally is doing very poorly. Probably even worse now that Overwatch is nearing release and a lot of FPS fans could find their fun in that game. I watched some people play it on Twitch and the game seems really fun. But I think the gameplay might be a bit too repetitive, people might get bored of doing same things over and over. And I know all we do is frag over and over, too, but for some reason I never get tired of fragging, or capturing flags compared to sitting on a truck and delivering some payload. I think it's because of the ability to roam around the map freely, opposed to defending or attacking where you have to be on a single objective constantly.

Lol sorry for a long reply, I got carried away.
Back to top Go down
adriano
Admin
adriano

PostSubject: Re: QL now on Steam for 10€   QL now on Steam for 10€ Icon_minitimeWed 11 Nov 2015, 21:31

Nah it is not long, at least it didn't feel that it's long because it was nice to read. Wink

I didn't heard about Overwatch. I took a look at it on youtube... nice maps and models but it seems far away from the fast Quake gameplay. But Blizzard is working here and historically they support their games for very long time which is positive.
Back to top Go down
colucci

colucci

PostSubject: Re: QL now on Steam for 10€   QL now on Steam for 10€ Icon_minitimeThu 12 Nov 2015, 22:15

In Overwatch I think it depends on the class you go with. There seems to be something for everyone, slow characters that are good tanks (Roadhog), slow characters that are good at doing damage(Snipers and such) and then there's some really fast characters that seem like they are a lot of fun to play, such as Tracer (being able to teleport short distance for 3 times in a row etc), but easy to kill and have decent damage.

I think there's a lot of potential in Overwatch, but again, you are very limited with objectives and cannot roam freely.. Unlike in Quake (or any arena type of shooter), where every weapon, armor and health is basically an objective and you can choose which one you want to go for in order to outplay your opponent. Also neither of the objectives grants you instant victory, so the game outcome can be hard to predict.

But my opinion could be biased because I love arena shooters. Razz
Back to top Go down
kraig

kraig

Numero di messaggi : 636

PostSubject: Re: QL now on Steam for 10€   QL now on Steam for 10€ Icon_minitimeSat 21 Nov 2015, 17:48

QL isn't longer for GNU/Linux since joining in the Steam platform.
Wine (with PlayOnLinux) not good to emulate, so for now nothing QL for me.
Back to top Go down
adriano
Admin
adriano

PostSubject: Re: QL now on Steam for 10€   QL now on Steam for 10€ Icon_minitimeMon 30 Nov 2015, 15:52

Little news: QL now costs only 5 euros. Reflex, too.
Back to top Go down
AssY

Numero di messaggi : 932

PostSubject: Re: QL now on Steam for 10€   QL now on Steam for 10€ Icon_minitimeMon 30 Nov 2015, 16:00

adriano wrote:
Little news: QL now costs only 5 euros. Reflex, too.

I'm really angry about these situation!

Now I changed my home - I want to play QL - and now I need to pay?

WTF!

So let'z play OA again Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
AssY

PostSubject: Re: QL now on Steam for 10€   QL now on Steam for 10€ Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2015, 12:01

Fuck - I payed the 10€ Shocked

Let's play QL again Laughing Razz

My Nick "GxP"

See you in Arena!
Back to top Go down
adriano
Admin
adriano

PostSubject: Re: QL now on Steam for 10€   QL now on Steam for 10€ Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2015, 18:05

Hahah nice Assy, me too Laughing
I wasn't sure if I should take Reflex or QL as alternative to OA. Then for short time they were both for 5€ and I bought both. QL now on Steam for 10€ 326280

p.s. I have sent you an invite to steam.
Back to top Go down
AssY

PostSubject: Re: QL now on Steam for 10€   QL now on Steam for 10€ Icon_minitimeTue 08 Dec 2015, 07:11

adriano wrote:
Hahah nice Assy, me too Laughing
I wasn't sure if I should take Reflex or QL as alternative to OA. Then for short time they were both for 5€ and I bought both. QL now on Steam for 10€ 326280

p.s. I have sent you an invite to steam.

Bah - I bought it for 10€ Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad

I received your invito Wink

Maybe we can play some fun matched together? QL now on Steam for 10€ 141597 QL now on Steam for 10€ 141597 QL now on Steam for 10€ 141597

Yesterday I finished my cfg banana
Back to top Go down
adriano
Admin
adriano

PostSubject: Re: QL now on Steam for 10€   QL now on Steam for 10€ Icon_minitimeThu 10 Dec 2015, 16:35

[quote="AssY"]
adriano wrote:

Maybe we can play some fun matched together? QL now on Steam for 10€ 141597 QL now on Steam for 10€ 141597 QL now on Steam for 10€ 141597

Yesterday I finished my cfg banana

Sure ! Cu soon!
Back to top Go down
HeadCrash

Numero di messaggi : 8

PostSubject: Re: QL now on Steam for 10€   QL now on Steam for 10€ Icon_minitimeTue 08 Mar 2016, 14:46

don't forget about me ! QL now on Steam for 10€ 647184 Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QL now on Steam for 10€   QL now on Steam for 10€ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QL now on Steam for 10€
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SOS CLAN :: Quake Live :: Quake Live-
Jump to: