SOS CLAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Openarena Clan

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the official *SoS* Forum (Storm of Stars, openarena clan)
Latest topics
» Siamo arrivati alla fine di questa avventura / We arrived at the end of this adventure
oa_ctf4ish - Evolution Icon_minitimeby Infin1ty Wed 03 Mar 2021, 00:56

» Richiesta di ammissione al clan
oa_ctf4ish - Evolution Icon_minitimeby Gnaro Tue 24 Jul 2018, 23:33

» Ciao a tutti solo il cavaliere del cielo
oa_ctf4ish - Evolution Icon_minitimeby alessandroalb Mon 21 May 2018, 09:36

» Storia di OA
oa_ctf4ish - Evolution Icon_minitimeby skyknight Tue 15 May 2018, 19:53

» Aftershock e baseoa
oa_ctf4ish - Evolution Icon_minitimeby kraig Wed 03 Jan 2018, 16:58

» Non c'è due senza tre
oa_ctf4ish - Evolution Icon_minitimeby Guest Wed 27 Dec 2017, 10:16

» Greetings
oa_ctf4ish - Evolution Icon_minitimeby colucci Mon 25 Dec 2017, 09:45

» Vorrei rientrare nei SoS!
oa_ctf4ish - Evolution Icon_minitimeby NICO_THE_PRO Fri 20 Oct 2017, 16:45

» bell'uomo
oa_ctf4ish - Evolution Icon_minitimeby kraig Sat 16 Sep 2017, 20:12

» Richiesta d'ammissione
oa_ctf4ish - Evolution Icon_minitimeby kraig Sat 16 Sep 2017, 20:00

*SoS* INFO
--------------------
Every Sunday training @17:00

--------------------
Google Translate

oa_ctf4ish - Evolution

Go down 
+3
adriano
HeadCrash
Thor
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
adriano
Admin
adriano

Numero di messaggi : 2040

oa_ctf4ish - Evolution Empty
PostSubject: oa_ctf4ish - Evolution   oa_ctf4ish - Evolution Icon_minitimeSun 07 Aug 2016, 22:03

FINAL VERSION DOWNLOAD: https://workupload.com/start/j7Ct5XD (2,9 MB)

oa_ctf4ish - Evolution Oa_ctf10

Hi all,

I'm back with some mapping-work. Again a modified version of oa_ctf4ish... "WHY?" you may ask..., "you already made sos_ctf4ish". Yes, but people don't want to miss an easy reachable rail and the pillars in the air also disturb. So it wasn't a big deal. "Ok, why we need changes on the original oa_ctf4ish map?" Because rail camping from the rail platform is still annoying (that's what me and other notice at :F-servers).

NOTE: The map is in an experimental stadium and I want to give you the possibility to bring your ideas in (especially in terms of gameplay but also for the mapstyle). Which changes would you do on the map? Download and try here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/71172136/s12b.pk3

The new version in my oppinion will be...
1. with rail, but in a way where you can't camp undisturbed
2. with OA logos instead of *SoS* (because we already have our personal map)
3. a little bit restyled (some ideas from QL's SPACE CTF)

oa_ctf4ish - Evolution Shot0014
oa_ctf4ish - Evolution Shot0011
oa_ctf4ish - Evolution Shot0010
oa_ctf4ish - Evolution Shot0012
oa_ctf4ish - Evolution Shot0013

Last edited by adriano on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 16:59; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
adriano
Admin
adriano

PostSubject: Re: oa_ctf4ish - Evolution   oa_ctf4ish - Evolution Icon_minitimeSun 07 Aug 2016, 22:06

There are two Battle suits and one Quad damage above the center platform right now. I will just let spawn Battle suit and Quad damage (or maybe I should use other power up??) alterning on one position in the center. The 4-seconds long flight-powerup is just a funny rescue from falling down to death. It happens sometimes when you get pushed with shotgun.

I would like to ask you which rail position is the best solution for you and also how much ammo it should have.
I compare two different positions:
1.] The new position I've given (on the new platform above the base) with 3 shots only
PROS:
- difficult to camp on it when you're on the enemy base because the platform is near to the base floor, so you can easily get shooten from near distance
- situation: You lost the flagg and enemy is running away -> Fast access to the rail (when you respawn at base) to stop the flagg carrier
- with 3 shots you get probably just 1-2 hits (depends how good is your aim; maybe I should raise it to 4 or 5 shots??). To get more shots you have to move and get ammo in the center of the map. => less camping possible

CONS:
- easy and fast access to the rail from own base, so you can fastly start camping Grin BUT only 3 shots (or maybe 4-5) and a respawn time of 15-20 seconds should prevent heavy camping
- when you get the rail in enemy's base then in most cases you won't use it because rocket launcher and Shotgun is the better option to hit the enemy at the base with little distance

2.] Rail in the position of BFG (rail replaced with BFG)
PROS:
- less camping because it isn't that easy to get
- it is not a comfortable place to camp in the center of the map
- while you're going to the enemy base using the jumppad you can achieve one hit to one defender *rail-well-used*

CONS:
- this position is braking too much the map's tradition: I think a lot will miss the old position on the high-lying rail platform. (not only campers)
- due to the aloof position the rail as gun-alternative will be involved in the game very little (not by accident this was the BFG position)

Do you like more 1.] or 2.]? Or do you have other solutions?

p.s. I asked also on forum www.openarena.ws ->maps
Back to top Go down
Thor
Admin
Thor

Numero di messaggi : 937

PostSubject: Re: oa_ctf4ish - Evolution   oa_ctf4ish - Evolution Icon_minitimeSat 13 Aug 2016, 01:34

Ciao Adri, solo una curiosità, che cosa usi per fare le mappe? Ho perso il vecchio materiale e ora mi piacerebbe usare gtkradiant sotto linux, ma la versione 3 non è molto compatibile con oa.
Back to top Go down
adriano
Admin
adriano

PostSubject: Re: oa_ctf4ish - Evolution   oa_ctf4ish - Evolution Icon_minitimeMon 15 Aug 2016, 16:16

Thor wrote:
Ciao Adri, solo una curiosità, che cosa usi per fare le mappe? Ho perso il vecchio materiale e ora mi piacerebbe usare gtkradiant sotto linux, ma la versione 3 non è molto compatibile con oa.
Ciao Thor,
uso la versione 1.5 die GtkRadiant sotto Windows. Credo che sia l'ultima versione compatibile con OA. Per Linux dai un'occhiata qui: http://openarena.wikia.com/wiki/Configure_GTK_Radiant_under_Linux
Back to top Go down
adriano
Admin
adriano

PostSubject: Re: oa_ctf4ish - Evolution   oa_ctf4ish - Evolution Icon_minitimeWed 17 Aug 2016, 12:05

Check out the OpenaArena.ws discussion here: http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=5275.msg54128
Back to top Go down
Thor
Admin
Thor

Numero di messaggi : 937

PostSubject: Re: oa_ctf4ish - Evolution   oa_ctf4ish - Evolution Icon_minitimeThu 18 Aug 2016, 19:32

oa_ctf4ish - Evolution 471368
Back to top Go down
HeadCrash

Numero di messaggi : 8

PostSubject: Re: oa_ctf4ish - Evolution   oa_ctf4ish - Evolution Icon_minitimeWed 21 Sep 2016, 05:04

really nice
Back to top Go down
adriano
Admin
adriano

PostSubject: Re: oa_ctf4ish - Evolution   oa_ctf4ish - Evolution Icon_minitimeWed 21 Sep 2016, 12:30

HeadCrash wrote:
really nice

Thanks, I am still working on it (very slowly but I do), it is not finished, I have new things build in, I will post the newer test-version soon (tomorrow I think)
Back to top Go down
HeadCrash

Numero di messaggi : 8

PostSubject: Re: oa_ctf4ish - Evolution   oa_ctf4ish - Evolution Icon_minitimeWed 21 Sep 2016, 15:00

good to know banana
Back to top Go down
adriano
Admin
adriano

PostSubject: Re: oa_ctf4ish - Evolution   oa_ctf4ish - Evolution Icon_minitimeSun 25 Sep 2016, 12:31

Hi all, sorry for my late reply. I have lack of time, but I was able to continue with the map in the past days. DOWNLOAD version "s21c"
What's new?
- new jumppad base to base with plasma gun (mid-air) between
- some redesigning here and there
- some health and ammo placed on other spots. I removed the invulnerability but I will rethink about its usage in the map
- the blue base is the same as the red, so it is ready for some online gameplay test
- fixed flight curve of the jumppad from middle of the map to railplatform, so you won't crash against the platform side
- the jumppad under the base brings you to the yellow armor instead of the rail platform. The main reason for that is to prevent easy access from own base to the rail

What's missing?
- bot support
- good light distribution and light intensity
- some texture fixes (I've to change the red textures on blue base and I'm not happy with the grate at yellow armor aaand the texture problems shown in the last screenshot(no, the surface isn't caulked and yes, Idk right now how to fix that))
- Rail trap maybe? -> It won't solve camping at all because campers also jump down from the rail platform and camp from their own base (that's what I noticed in online games) BUT why not? =D
- other things to fix that turn out after testing it with players

oa_ctf4ish - Evolution Shot0013
Back to top Go down
adriano
Admin
adriano

PostSubject: Re: oa_ctf4ish - Evolution   oa_ctf4ish - Evolution Icon_minitimeMon 28 Nov 2016, 16:42

Hi all, I'm back with some progress. See video and/or read here:

- direct teleporter exit to rocket platform without jumppad (=> time saving)
- added a crusher where you can walk in and take the "invulnerability" powerup (ofc I remove the other "invulnerability" from the old spot). It's a neat place to hide when you have the enemy flagg. A barrier protects from camping.
- readded the old yellow armor where it was
- now you can also reach the rail platform with the jumppad under the base by doing air strafing
- added an automatic rocket shooter to prevent camping on the new yellow armor platform above the flagg. It shoots after some seconds, but sadly it shoots also when you leave the platform. I wasn't able to find a solution yet that let the shooter shoot ONLY if you stay more than let's say 8 sec ON the platform. If you leave the platform before 8 seconds past then it shouldn't shoot.

Let me know what you like or don't like from the changes!

EDIT:

I removed the camping barrier at the crusher and added +2 damage / sec on that platform. => so you can't stay for ever hidden on that platform. And you can't freely camp there because the inflicted damage disturbes the aiming!
Back to top Go down
fabiux

Numero di messaggi : 169

PostSubject: Re: oa_ctf4ish - Evolution   oa_ctf4ish - Evolution Icon_minitimeMon 28 Nov 2016, 22:52

Nice!!! oa_ctf4ish - Evolution 471368
I would increase platform damage a bit more than 2 / sec but I guess it's okay for stopping campers.
Back to top Go down
adriano
Admin
adriano

PostSubject: Re: oa_ctf4ish - Evolution   oa_ctf4ish - Evolution Icon_minitimeMon 28 Nov 2016, 23:32

fabiux wrote:
Nice!!!  oa_ctf4ish - Evolution 471368
I would increase platform damage a bit more than 2 / sec but I guess it's okay for stopping campers.

Thx! =) I thought the same, I'll try to find a good equilibrium for the damage.

I am curios to see the usage of the crusher and the invunerability powerup. I think it will bring a little bit new dynamics to the gameplay. And while I am writing here I think I will add an activator button above the crusher and remove the option that the crusher activates by shooting at it. Why? It is a way too easy to fragg somebody on the railplatform because the surface of the crusher is big. It will be similar to the map 13dream but not such a little activator button as it is there.
Back to top Go down
DEXTER MORGAN

DEXTER MORGAN

Numero di messaggi : 90

PostSubject: Re: oa_ctf4ish - Evolution   oa_ctf4ish - Evolution Icon_minitimeTue 29 Nov 2016, 22:00

Good work!!i like it Very Happy Very Happy Wink
Back to top Go down
fabiux

PostSubject: Re: oa_ctf4ish - Evolution   oa_ctf4ish - Evolution Icon_minitimeTue 29 Nov 2016, 22:36

Yes! Invulnerability will surely introduce uncommon dynamics!
And I think the crusher button is way better than shooting at the crusher itself, aside making the action a bit more challenging it is also more clear and intuitive for noobs.
Back to top Go down
adriano
Admin
adriano

PostSubject: Re: oa_ctf4ish - Evolution   oa_ctf4ish - Evolution Icon_minitimeWed 30 Nov 2016, 12:35

Thx for the feedback! Due to the invunerability powerup I thought that there must be a protection for the players that get attacked from a player that uses the invunerability powerup. -> So the new yellow armor platform will be solid (so you can't anymore shoot through) and I'll add a new pillar. Just 1 on each base, on the left you have the yellow armor and on the right you have the pillar. Idk if I am going too far from the original map with all these changes. Tell me what you think. Do you like that there is a pillar on the base?

That's the activation button for the crusher:
Back to top Go down
AssY

Numero di messaggi : 932

PostSubject: Re: oa_ctf4ish - Evolution   oa_ctf4ish - Evolution Icon_minitimeWed 30 Nov 2016, 13:14

Holy moly!

Nice work adri - is there a server for testing?

Remember - I likt to find bugs unibrow unibrow unibrow

Joke - I wanna try it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
adriano
Admin
adriano

PostSubject: Re: oa_ctf4ish - Evolution   oa_ctf4ish - Evolution Icon_minitimeWed 30 Nov 2016, 15:35

AssY wrote:
Holy moly!

Nice work adri - is there a server for testing?

Remember - I likt to find bugs unibrow unibrow unibrow

Joke - I wanna try it Very Happy

Thanks AssY, I am not finished yet, there is no pk3, I need to add bot support and optimize some little things. I'll let you know when it is ready for testing (probably at the end of this week or later)!
Back to top Go down
AssY

PostSubject: Re: oa_ctf4ish - Evolution   oa_ctf4ish - Evolution Icon_minitimeWed 30 Nov 2016, 16:03

Onki donki oa_ctf4ish - Evolution 141597

Back to top Go down
fabiux

PostSubject: Re: oa_ctf4ish - Evolution   oa_ctf4ish - Evolution Icon_minitimeWed 30 Nov 2016, 20:00

The pillar is a very good addition and in my opinion it gives the map a even better look.
Go go adri! oa_ctf4ish - Evolution 471368
Back to top Go down
adriano
Admin
adriano

PostSubject: Re: oa_ctf4ish - Evolution   oa_ctf4ish - Evolution Icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2016, 20:08

Download version s23c

oa_ctf4ish - Evolution S23c10

You can test it with bots until it's avaible on a server (I'll let you know when it will happen)
Hf Wink
Back to top Go down
adriano
Admin
adriano

PostSubject: Re: oa_ctf4ish - Evolution   oa_ctf4ish - Evolution Icon_minitimeSun 04 Dec 2016, 21:19

Our mate fg made the map available on :F normal ctf for stupids ( /connect 62.75.152.253:27960 and /callvote map 4ish_test2 ). And once you are there, you can't oversee the new facelift ( weaponbar and statusbar, http://www.stupidctf.tk/ for more information ). Another reason to check it out. Also try to follow the flagg carrier informations on the upper left while playing, you can see the position and health. Hf! =)

...and on :F Insta we have now real stars Like a Star @ heaven . How cool is that? Very Happy
oa_ctf4ish - Evolution Stars10
Back to top Go down
fabiux

PostSubject: Re: oa_ctf4ish - Evolution   oa_ctf4ish - Evolution Icon_minitimeSun 04 Dec 2016, 23:15

oa_ctf4ish - Evolution 141597
Back to top Go down
AssY

PostSubject: Re: oa_ctf4ish - Evolution   oa_ctf4ish - Evolution Icon_minitimeMon 05 Dec 2016, 06:51

Surprised oa_ctf4ish - Evolution 471368 Shocked
Back to top Go down
colucci

colucci

Numero di messaggi : 167

PostSubject: Re: oa_ctf4ish - Evolution   oa_ctf4ish - Evolution Icon_minitimeFri 16 Dec 2016, 19:55

This is looking great, awesome work Adriano! oa_ctf4ish - Evolution 471368
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: oa_ctf4ish - Evolution   oa_ctf4ish - Evolution Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

oa_ctf4ish - Evolution
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SOS CLAN :: Aiuto/Supporto tecnico :: Links/downloads-
Jump to: